The link for locating this website's policy reference file is Link.
This website is hosted by the State of Montana.
This policy was created to meet the requirements of Arkansas Act 1713 of 2003.
If you have any questions about this policy, you may contact DWS via any of the following methods:
Arkansas Division of Workforce Services
P.O. Box 2981
Little Rock, AR 72203-2981
Information Collected and How it is Used:
Statistics are kept on any use of our website for the purpose of determining the value our site provides to its customers.
If you do nothing during your visit to our website but browse or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider.
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited this site.
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site.
- The website you visited prior to coming to this website.
The information we automatically collect or store is logged and used by the Department of Workforce Services only to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services. Our website analyzes this information to determine how our website is being used, so that we may continually improve the site's usefulness to the public.
Personal Information and Choice
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us by sending us email, participating in a survey, or completing an on-line form. You may choose not to contact us by e-mail, participate in a survey, or to provide any personal information using an online form. Your choice to not participate in these activities will not impair your ability to browse our website, or read or download any information provided on the site.
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act:
Information which can be identified or associated with a particular person or persons that is available from government websites is subject to these principles and policies.
- The Arkansas government has information about individuals, or which can be identified or associated with a particular individual, and this information is contained in the public records of the Arkansas state and local government. The Arkansas Freedom of Information Act addresses the type of government information that is available to the public. See Ark. Code. Ann.§25-19-105. Information generally available under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act and not made confidential elsewhere in the Arkansas Code or by federal law may be posted for electronic access through the Department of Workforce Services.
- The Arkansas Freedom of Information Act recognizes many concerns people have with regard to public records that include information about them, including the right to correct inaccurate information. Consequently, persons concerned with regard to information about them should contact the custodian of the record, which typically is the state agency or other governmental entity that collects and maintains the information.
- The information collected should only be that necessary to provide the information or services sought by the requester, just as a person might provide such information when visiting a governmental office in person. The information collected is subject to the same controls and uses as that collected by governmental offices visited in person, again subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, Ark Code Ann.,§25-19-101 through 25-19-107, or to other applicable sections of the Arkansas Code. You do not have to provide personal information to visit the websites or download this information.
- Various commercial websites may be linked from the website. These private sector sites are not subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. Visitors to those sites may wish to check their privacy statements and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information.
There have been steps taken to safeguard the integrity of the Discover Arkansas website data and prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by the Discover Arkansas website. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession. This information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via the Discover Arkansas website.
While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current and reliable information, we recognize the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Neither the State of Arkansas, nor any agency, officer, or employee of the State of Arkansas, warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from the Discover Arkansas website does so at his or her own risk.